Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Space heater to blame for Lisbon fire, chief says

LISBON (WGME) -- Police say a space heater teetering on a laundry basket is to blame for a fire Wednesday night that left behind thousands of dollars in damage.

The Lisbon fire chief says crews responded to 679A Lisbon Street (Route 196) around 6:30 p.m.  They say a small space heater that was on an upside-down laundry basket fell and started a fire.

Four people lived inside the apartment. No one was hurt.

The sprinklers went off leaving behind water damage. The fire chief says damage is estimated between $10,000 and $15,000.

The people who lived inside are staying elsewhere.