Ski For Free Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Maine or New Hampshire residents who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the WGME viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WGME, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WGME (the Station), Ski Maine Association, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To enter text SKIFREE to short code 21570 anytime or during News 13 newscasts which air weekdays at 5:00am, 12:00pm, 5:00pm, 6:00pm and 11:00pm and weekends at 6:00pm or 6:30pm or 7:00pm and 11:00pm on WGME, channel 13. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to 21570 to cancel. Text HELP to 21570 for help. Entrants will receive up to 4 messages relating to this contest. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on December 24, 2012 and ends on March 8, 2013 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by Station one (1) hour prior to the drawing to be included in such drawing. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) During the Contest Period, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among all valid entries the day after a snow storm occurs within the Stations viewing area which accumulates four (4) inches or more of snow within any twenty-four (24) hour/one day period. The total amount of winners depends on the number of snow storms which accumulate four (4) inches of snow or more during the Contest Period. For purposes of this contest, a storm shall be defined as any accumulation of snow that is four (4) inches or more, measured at Portland International Jetport, as provided reports from the airport. The measurements determined by the Station shall be final and binding. All remaining valid entries will carry over to the next drawing, as applicable.
(e) All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each winner will receive two (2) one-day lift tickets to one of the following ski resorts in Maine, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion: Sunday River, Sugarloaf, Shawnee Peak, Mount Abram,Lost Valley or Saddleback. The prize includes the lift tickets ONLY and does not include any meals, other transportation, gratuities, ski rental, ski lessons, or any other expenses. The one-day lift tickets are subject to availability, and blackout dates may apply. The tickets must be used by the following dates: Sunday River " April 30, 2013; Sugarloaf " April 30, 2013; Shawnee Peak " March 31, 2013; Mount Abram - March 31, 2013; Lost Valley - March 31, 2013: and Saddleback "March 31, 2013. The value of each prize is as follows: Sunday River - $170; Sugarloaf - $158; Shawnee Peak - $118; Mount Abram - $98; Saddleback - $118; Lost valley " $90.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within ten (10) days of notification at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within five (5) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. WGME, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. WGME, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that WGME, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received, and number of accumulating snow storms.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WGME, 81 Northport Drive, Portland, Maine 04103 and on the Stations website at wgme.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WGME, 81 Northport Drive, Portland, Maine 04103 by April 25, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WGME, Inc. and Ski Maine Association accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
Tonight on WGME 13
6:00pm - News 13 at Six
6:30pm - CBS Evening News
7:00pm - Entertainment Tonight
7:30pm - omg! Insider
8:00pm - Undercover Boss
9:00pm - Blue Bloods
10:00pm - Blue Bloods
11:00pm - News 13 at Eleven